Date & Time
November 13, 2017
7:00pm - 8:30pm
135 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Speaker Coach and TEDx Organizer, Kelsey Crouch, teaches how to navigate your nerves and make a lasting impact.
Do you get nervous when you speak? Does your heart race and your body shake? Can’t remember your words (or your own name)?
In this class we will focus on handling your nerves, no matter how scary! Strong communication skills are essential for business — whether you’re presenting at TED, delivering a pitch, or interacting with colleagues or clients.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to understand and embrace your relationship with your Audience
- How to identify nervousness and the fight, flight, freeze response in your body, in order to disarm it
- How to implement industry tricks to stay grounded and speak well, even when nervous
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- Professionals looking to grow 21st Century skills
- Speakers looking to enhance their speaking toolbox
- Individuals ready to manage their fears of public speaking and step into the limelight
Kelsey Crouch is a communications therapist, coaching speakers to discover their own authentic voices, craft targeted messages for their audiences, and deliver presentations with impact.
Kelsey is co-organizer of the monthly TEDxGramercy Salon. Past private clients include CEOs, Entrepreneurs, Designers, Artists, Lawyers, and Mental Health and Wellness Professionals. Kelsey was an actor for 25 years, studying at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in London and earnng her Bachelors of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre from Syracuse University. She utilizes techniques used by the most renowned performers and a deep understanding of human connection to guide professionals to their communication success.
// Another curated event by BLENDER WORKSPACE. The HUB for health, wellness and lifestyle brands located in NoMad NYC.